Corbett Education Foundation
Parts of this website have been updated for the 2022-2023 school year.
If you are interested in applying for one of our scholarships, it is especially important for you to review the Scholarship Section of this site.
In any case, thank you for your interest in our website.
Please “like” us on Facebook!!
The Corbett Education Foundation (CEF) was formed during June of 1997. Two years of organizational development brought together a group of committed community members with a common vision for our students’ success. CEF projects included the “snack shack”, the jogging trail, greenhouse projects, the football stadium project, and so on. Recently, our mission has focused primarily on the creation and funding of scholarships made available to students pursuing an education beyond high school.
Corbett Education Foundation is a non-profit corporation which is registered with the IRS as a 501(c)3 organization. CEF is an entity separate from the school district which it serves and all members are volunteers.
Current Board Members
Deb Granberg, Chair
Heather Jones, Vice Chair
Tami Larsen, Secretary
Bob Buttke, Treasurer
Applications by April 1st, Progress Reports by July 15th
The scholarship application deadline is April 1, 2023. Please remember, we are not able to accept electronic submissions. All application packets must be sent via the US Postal System to Corbett Education Foundation, 35800 E. Historic Columbia River Highway, Corbett, OR 97019. Application documents can be found on our website and we advise that students submit forms as soon as possible, with the exception of transcripts. We recognize many students are not able to obtain copies of their grades at this time and we will review how to fulfill this requirement once we know when the learning institutions are able to open again.
Family Fun Bingo Night
Postponed until restrictions on facilities allow a gathering of this size
We will provide updates once the campuses are re-opened and we are able to secure a new date for this event. Please be sure to view our website and/or Facebook to keep informed on Bingo. All auction items will be waiting for the rescheduled Family Fun Bingo Night. Auction items will still be accepted and added to the list.
How to Help
The Corbett Education Foundation is looking to expand our board of directors and increase our team of volunteers.
Corbett Education Foundation (CEF) is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization which has awarded scholarships valued at more than $407,500 to Corbett graduates over the last 21 years.
Recently, the demand for our scholarships has more than doubled which has increased the CEF workload and the consequent need for more volunteers. If you have a sincere interest in the success of our young people and enjoy working with a dedicated team to achieve a common goal, then we need to talk about our current board openings.
We are looking for […]
Tatumn Hills is Student Ambassador for CEF this year. She moved to Corbett just after turning 8 and attended Corbett schools since the second grade. Her favorite classes are creative writing and art. This year she is especially happy helping Mr. Estes in the woodshop. Tatumn enjoys painting and making collages in her free time, as well as biking, baking, and being around animals. Tatumn’s favorite thing to do in Corbett is look at the city lights at night from one of the many viewpoints we have in our locale. She also likes to sled when it’s snowy enough.
Tatumn is excited for the opportunity to work with CEF and is glad she can help her senior class prepare for their future. Tatumn is a member of Leadership and Key Club. Additionally, she played goalie for the high school girls’ soccer team, up until a recent injury, but hopes to get back on the field soon. Tatumn hopes to be a friendly face that the student body can look to for guidance and to keep the seniors on track as they apply for their scholarships.
Welcome, Tatum! We are happy to have you help us.
Urgent Message From Ambassador Tatumn
Corbett Education Foundation
Student Ambassador 2022-2023
Get started and check out all the scholarships that YOU are eligible for. Remember the deadline is April 1st!
- CEF-Scholarship-Catalog. There are different requirements for different scholarships, so choose what will be best for you.
- Fill Out The CEF_Scholarship_Application. This is the easiest part.
- Complete The Activities_Record_1.071 You do a lot, don’t underestimate yourself! Include community activities with churches, clubs or organizations, work on a family farm, or anything extracurricular!
- Write Your Personal Statement. It’s a 500 word statement that includes your distinguishing qualities, significant experiences, educational goals, and career and life goals. Here’s an example Personal_Statement_Example_1 and some Tips_for_Completing_the_Personal_Statement.
- Collect Your Letters of Recommendation. You should have already done this. Be sure to thank your teachers and bosses when you pick them up.
- Have Someone Else Look It Over. Mistakes are easy to miss, so ask a parent, teacher or friend to look it over for you.
- Make A Copy. Once you have completed the application make a copy for yourself. You will want one for your own personal records.
- Turn It In.
- Finally, once you have completed the application form; activities record; and personal statement and have letters of recommendation and a high school transcript you can either mail it via US Postal Service, or deliver it to the CEF box in the District Office in the middle school.