We are here to help you land a scholarship. This scholarship application form is very similar to most of the scholarship applications you will fill out as you begin your quest for assistance to help defray the huge cost of your upcoming post secondary education or training. Please think of us, the Corbett Education Foundation members, as your partners helping you through the stress of rounding up enough scholarships and education grants. There is no better time than right now for you to begin the C.E.F. scholarship application form.
Click on this link to download the CEF Scholarship Application Form.
IMPORTANT: your completed application form, including all attachments, must arrive by “snail mail” to our office before close of business on April 1st. Applications may not be submitted electronically.
Summary of Scholarship Application Process
The paragraphs which follow in this section are brief summary descriptions of the components relating to scholarship application procedures. Much of the detailed information pertaining to scholarship application and administration, however, is found in the “Frequently Asked Questions”, (FAQ) segment of this web site.
For this reason all potential scholarship applicants must read and understand the student FAQ section before proceeding to fill-out applications or re-application forms.
The FAQ section will be updated as new and important questions come to our attention.
The Corbett Education Foundation Board utilizes Facebook as a means to communicate with the community and with students. Please include CEF as a “friend” on your Facebook page.
By completing a Scholarship Application you will be qualified for those scholarships for which you meet all eligibility requirements.
We suggest that you spend a few minutes reviewing the scholarships listed in the 2017 Scholarship Catalog. While it is the job of C.E.F. to match donors and recipients, you can increase your chances of receiving a scholarship by tailoring your 500 word essay so that it provides supporting information for as many scholarships as possible. Pay attention to any special requirements listed. You won’t be able to meet all requirements for all scholarships but you should easily be able to meet the requirement of many. By doing so, you are virtually assured of receiving a scholarship.
The Application Form is a combined form for both new and renewal scholarships. This form is used by current year graduates and by Corbett Alumni who do not now have an active scholarship AND used by all active scholarship recipients who wish to renew their scholarship for the upcoming school year. Remember: all students may renew scholarships yearly for five years beyond graduation.
- First print a copy of this Application Form and fill out completely.
- You may then mail the completed Application Form by US Mail to the CEF office. We suggest a copy be made for your records. (Please mail all parts of the Scholarship Application at the same time to prevent possible lost portions of your application.)
Nearly all of our scholarships are renewable for five (5) years beyond graduation giving you a total of six years worth of scholarships. The first time you apply you will complete the scholarship application form. Every year thereafter you will complete only the renewal portion of the scholarship application form. Basically, when you renew, you will not need to write another 500 word essay, you will not fill out another activities record and you will not be required to submit new letters of support. When you renew, you must include your scholarship progress report and a copy of your original class grade slips for all enrolled terms. However, if you fail to renew each year, the next time you apply for a scholarship you will once again need to complete the full scholarship application form including another 500 word essay. After you have been in college for a year and you begin the quest for additional scholarships you will discover how much more difficult it is to locate additional scholarships once you are no longer a graduating high school senior. Your renewable C.E.F. scholarship will suddenly become more important to you! It is our hope that every Corbett graduate receives a scholarship and renews it throughout their college years. We are both pleased and excited to be a partner in your academic journey.
Obligations and Deadlines
Students who apply for a C.E.F. scholarship have a very, very good chance of receiving it. On graduation night, seniors and past graduates learn whether or not they were awarded a scholarship or a scholarship renewal. Soon after, each will receive an official confirmation letter detailing what they must do in order to accept and receive their first scholarship. If it is a scholarship renewal, it will show what is required to earn this renewal and remain eligible for future renewals. You can find examples of both of these scholarship notification letters in Forms and examples.
Our Foundation acts as the custodian and administrator of the scholarships which generous donors have made available for you. We are tasked with the duty of ensuring that these hard earned funds which they offer to each of you are handled responsibly. We must also keep these donors informed. Your success at school justifies their sacrifice and reaffirms their belief in the wisdom of supporting youth. Because so many of you fulfill your obligations to donors nearly all of our scholarship donors continue to fund their scholarships year after year. Their continued renewal makes it possible for you to receive a scholarship for up to six years to help you with your education.
In addition, future graduates, following in your footsteps will be able to receive assistance from these same scholarships long after you are a college graduate. We notify your scholarship donor when you are awarded a scholarship. Send them a copy of your application and your letters of recommendation, send the thank you letter you wrote to C.E.F and your donor. We make copies and place these copies in your C.E.F. file. We send your donor copies of your progress report twice each year and we respond to any questions they might have about you or our scholarship program in general. We try not to overwhelm you with paperwork. We ask just enough from you so that we can keep your interested donor both informed and committed to your educational progress.
Let’s review your scholarship obligations and deadlines:
April 1st each year, Scholarship applications and scholarship renewal applications are due to C.E.F. Hard copies are required and must arrive prior to the close of business on April 1st.
September 1 st is the deadline to respond to C.E.F. accepting your scholarship, thanking C.E.F. and your donor and providing college information to us. See sample acceptance letter and sample thank you note.
January 15th and July 15th are the deadlines for your progress reports. They are due in the C.E.F. office by close of business January 15th/July 15th.
Once again, we reiterate: These reports must arrive in our office via snail mail by the deadlines mentioned. We count on you to help us make our scholarship program the best it possibly can be! Please commit these very few important dates to memory and do your part so the money can keep coming your way!
Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQ) concerning our scholarship program.
Forms and Examples
- Scholarship application form including the portion required for renewal
- Personal Statement – The Personal Statement is ONLY required of the current year graduates and by Corbett Alumni who do not now have an active Scholarship. Two Sample Personal Statements (Sample 1, Sample 2) and Tips for Completing Statement are available on our web site for review prior to completing your own Personal Statement. You may then mail the completed Personal Statement by US Mail to the CEF office. We suggest a printed copy be made for your records prior to exiting each form.
- Activities Record – The Activities Record (sample) is used by current year graduates and by Corbett Alumni who do not now have an active Scholarship. First print a copy of this Activity Form to be used for a rough draft. When all of the information is gathered the form can be completed online. You may then mail the completed Activities Record by US Mail to the CEF office. We suggest a printed copy be made for your records prior to exiting each form.
- Progress Report – The Progress Report Form is used by all scholarship recipients to report their progress to CEF and their scholarship donors, twice each calendar year. Progress Reports are due to the CEF office by January 15th and July 15th of each year. First print a copy of this Progress Report Form to be used for a rough draft. When all of the information is gathered, the form can be completed online. You may then mail the completed Progress Report Form by US Mail to the CEF office. We suggest a printed copy be made for your records prior to exiting each form.
- Acceptance Letter
- Thank you letter to CEF and Donor – Sample
- Sample 500 word essay
- Sample letter of Support – ONLY required of the current year graduates and by Corbett Alumni who do not now have an active Scholarship. Sample Letter of Support (Sample 3) is available on our web site for review prior to gathering your own Letters of Support. You may then mail the completed Letters of Support by US Mail to the CEF office. We suggest a printed copy be made for your records prior to mailing.
Parents as Partners
This section is for parents of Corbett graduates. Students, please encourage your parents to review this section. The journey from childhood to the full bloom of adulthood is not easy. We all must successfully leave the total dependency of childhood and embrace the responsibilities of independent adults. Your children must complete their journey just as you yourself did years earlier. As the years pass by, we tend to forget the support, the gentle reminders and the frequent and necessary assistance that our parents provided for us as we spread our own wings those many years ago. Your child will hear about and read about our scholarship program. They will read about the obligations and deadlines detailed on this site and required for their participation in the C.E.F. scholarship program. There is a very good chance that without you as coach they, will miss the scholarship application deadline, progress report deadlines and others. Young people count on the adults around them to help guide them and crowd them to follow through with their obligations. By all means, expect them to act like mature adults, but recognize that for them, adulthood still lies ahead. They still need your loving, coaching, and guidance.
As C.E.F. members, some of us live in the Corbett area and others live throughout Oregon and Washington. As Corbett graduates you all live nearby. As college students you will be disbursed throughout this nation and throughout the world. Our scholarship donors also are widely disbursed.
For our scholarship program to run smoothly, communication is essential. We need to keep you informed. We need to keep our donors informed; we, ourselves, need to be kept informed.
Your Job One: Make sure we have your college I.D. number, your school address and contact information, your personal mailing address and an active email address
- Welcome/Congratulations (Letter from CEF to student)
- Acceptance Criteria (Letters from Students to CEF and Donor)
- Progress Report/Grades Reminder due January 15 & July 15 (Posted on Facebook, if you wish another method You have to let us know)
- Facebook Reminder if Progress Report/Grades are not received on time
- Scholarship Application/Renewal Applications are due April 1 by US Mail to the CEF office
- April 1st Scholarship application/scholarship application renewal
- September 1st Formal letter of acceptance and “thank you” to CEF/Donor
- September 15th College, their address and your student ID number to CEF before checks can be sent
- January 15th Progress report and grades to CEF to be forwarded to donor
- July 15th Progress report and grades to CEF to be forwarded to donor